Third country nationals who either carry out investment activities personally or through a company that lead to, as a rule, at least one of the following situations in Portuguese territory for a minimum period of five years:
- The acquisition of real estate with a value of 500 thousand Euros or more.
- Transfer of capital worth 1 million Euros or more (including investments in company stocks or shares).
- The creation of at least 10 jobs.
- The transfer of capital in values greater than or equal to 250 thousand Euros, applied to support artistic production, recovery or maintenance of cultural heritage.
- Transfer of capital in values greater than or equal to 350 thousand Euros, applied to scientific and technological research activities.
- The purchase of real estate with a global value greater than or equal to 350 thousand euros (in an area of urban rehabilitation, or buildings over 30 years old and the implementation of recovery works to the property purchased).
- Transfer of values with a global value greater than or equal to 500 thousand euros for the purchase of participation units in investment funds or risk capital aimed at the capitalisation of small and medium companies which, for this purpose, present the respective capitalisation plan which is deemed viable.
- Capital transfer of the amount of 350 thousand Euros, or higher, for constitution of a commercial society with head office in the national territory, combined with the creation of five permanent working jobs, or for the reinforcement of the share capital of a commercial society with head office in national territory, already existing, with the creation or keeping of working jobs, with a minimum of five permanent jobs, and for a minimum period of three years.